Pioneer is always keeping up to date with recurring trends or trends seen in the news regarding fraud, here we report the information to you so that you can take precautionary measures to ensure your card has not been compromised. As always we encourage you to view your account online at pioneerwv.org or to download our mobile app "Pioneer West Virginia Federal Credit Union" to have real time access to your account information. These tools will also allow you to set up alerts to notify you of any transactions hitting your account.
Please note: Due to numerous reports of fraud through our card processing system, we have set temporary and permanent blocks on a various states and/or zip codes and on particular merchants with high fraud rates.
The most up to date details on card blocks are listed below:
We have added a block to WALMART.COM over $500.00. Our fraud system will contact you if a charge is made over that amount.
All credit card transactions in Georgia are blocked until further notice.
Due to high levels of fraud, we have placed new restrictions at ATMs in NC,SC,GA. Members can only withdrawal $100 at a time unless you call us and ask us to increase the limit. ATM limits in FL are set at $200.
• NEW YORK – All PIN transactions over $150.00 are blocked.
• NORTH CAROLINA – Laurenburg/Candor- All Signature transactions in the following zip codes are blocked: 28352 and 27229. All PIN transactions are allowed.
• NORTH CAROLINA – Charlotte 28227 - All Signature transactions at Dollar General $202+ are blocked. All PIN transactions are allowed.
• GEORGIA – All Signature transactions at merchant category codes 5411(Grocery/Supermarkets), 5912 Pharmacy/Drug Stores) and 5310(Discount Stores) are blocked. All Pin transactions will work.
• New York – All Signature transactions are blocked.
• California - All Signature transactions are blocked. All PIN transactions are allowed.
• MERCHANT'S BLOCKED – SCHOLASTIC BOOKFAIR (FLORIDA): All signature and PIN transactions made to Scholastic Bookfair out of Florida are blocked.
• FOREIGN COUNTRIES (Including Mexico and Canada) – All Signature transactions made outside the US are blocked. All PIN transactions allowed.
• Maryland – Transactions over $205 will auto block the card. This excludes EMV Chip transactions.
• Georgia– All Signature transactions greater than $125 at merchant category codes 5411(Grocery/Supermarkets), 5912 Pharmacy/Drug Stores) and 5310(Discount Stores) are blocked. All Pin transactions will work.
• Qatar, India and the Netherlands - All Signature transactions in these countries are blocked. PIN and EMV CHIP transactions allowed.
**PLEASE NOTE: If you are going to be traveling, please contact Pioneer and we will add a note to your account. If you are traveling to an area listed above, please call (304) 348-6648 or 1 (800) 339-4378 and we will remove the block during your time of travel.
Temporary: A temporary block is put in place when an area, merchant or state that we typically don't have blocked has a string of fraudulent activity reported. As a precaution, Pioneer sets temporary blocks to protect our members' card data and accounts. These blocks assist in stopping any fraudulent activity from occurring. A temporary block will stay in place until we have confirmed the fraudulent activity has stopped.
Permanent: A permanent block is put in place when we see trends of consistent, high fraud volume patterns outside of the US, within certain states in the US and with particular merchants. As a precaution, Pioneer sets permanent blocks to protect our members' card data and accounts. Permanent blocks will never be removed.